The purpose of this prestigious award is to recognize individuals, groups, and organizations that have made the greatest contribution(s) toward advancing the art or practice of radio communications by Morse code. The award was first presented in 2016, and has been given to radio amateurs, individuals who are not radio amateurs, and organizations for their contributions
Candidates for the award may be one or more of the following:
• Authors of publications related to CW
• CW recruiters, trainers, mentors, coaches and instructors
• Public advocates of CW
• Organizers of CW activities
• Designers and inventors who advance the art or practice of CW
• Other contributors to the art or practice of CW
Note: The award is not limited to amateur radio operators and organizations.
Nominations may be made by anybody (not limited to CWops members). Nominations should be emailed to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org . In order to be considered, a nomination should be received by the publicized deadline, which is March 10th for the 2023 award and include:
• Nominee’s name, call sign (if applicable), and complete contact information including postal address, email address, and telephone number.
• A detailed explanation supporting the nominee’s qualifications under the above criteria.
• Complete contact information of the person submitting the nomination.
presentation of award
A plaque will be presented at the Dayton Hamvention. If the recipients are not present, it will be sent to them.