The CWOps groups.io reflector is your chance to interact with hundreds of like-minded individuals on CW. In any social interaction, certain rules of etiquette are expected and contribute to more enjoyable and productive communication. The following are tips for interacting via the reflector. They have been adapted from guidelines originally compiled by AHA! and Chuq Von Rospach & Gene Spafford:
- Use a meaningful title for your thread.
- Be civil. If you disagree, explain your position with respect and refrain from any and all personal attacks.
- Stay on topic. In particular, don’t change the subject in the middle of an existing thread – just start a new topic.
- Make sure you’re understood, even by non-native English speakers. Try to write full sentences, and avoid text-message abbreviations or slang. Be careful when you use humor and sarcasm as these messages are easy to misinterpret.
- If asking a question, provide as much information as possible, what you’ve already considered, what you’ve already read, etc.
- Cite appropriate references when using someone else’s ideas, thoughts, or words.
- Do not use the reflector to promote your product, service, or business.
- Do not post personal information about other posters on the reflector.