In celebration of our tenth anniversary, CWops is holding a special operating event.
- All radio amateurs are welcome to participate.
- Timeframe: 0000z, 1 January 2020 to 2359z, 31 January 2020.
- Bands: 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m.
- Exchange: Signal report. Participants are encouraged to send additional information at their discretion such as member number, name, state or province, etc.
- Special Calls: CWops mini-club callsigns as well as a number of unique Special Anniversary Celebratory Calls—e.g. K3CWO, GB10CWO or N5A, will be active during the celebration. All Special Calls are equivalent to CWops members for the purposes of these rules.
- CWops members should send “CALL/CWO” or “CALL CWO”.
- QSOs made as a participant in other events or contests are not valid for the Celebration.
- CWT QSOs are exempt from rules 4, 6 and 7, and are valid for scoring purposes.
- CWops members may work anyone. Non-members may only work CWops members. All QSOs must be via CW.
- Categories include:
- Special Call Operations
- CWops Member High Power (100W +)
- CWops Member Low Power (6 to 100W)
- CWops Member QRP (0 to 5W)
- Non-member High Power (100W+)
- Non-member Low Power (6 to 100W)
- Non-member QRP (0 to 5W)
- Scoring for CWops members consists of 2 elements which are 1) total QSOs and 2) number of CWops members worked per band (no dupes). Scoring for non-members is the number of CWops member worked per band (no dupes).
- A separate and unique Cabrillo log should be created for each call used during the event. Only one Cabrillo log should be submitted per callsign. If a call is activated by multiple operators, then the logs from each operator should be combined into a single Cabrillo file. Each record in the Cabrillo log should include one of the categories shown above.
- Members that activate a special call may also submit a separate log for QSOs made using their personal call.
- Send Cabrillo logs to AnniversaryLogs@CWops.org by 9 February 2020.
Continental Awards – CWops Members
Certificates will be awarded for achieving the top score or highest QSO total per continent in the following categories: Special Call Operations, CWops Member High Power (100W +), CWops Member Low Power (6 to 100W), CWops Member QRP (0 to 5W).
A CWops member can only win one continental certificate. In the event that a CWops member achieves both the highest score and highest total QSOs, then that member would receive the top score certificate and the member next in line would receive the highest total QSOs certificate.
Continental Awards – Non Members
Certificates will be awarded to non-members achieving the top score per continent in each non-member category: Non-member High Power (100W+), Non-member Low Power (6 to 100W), Non-member QRP (0 to 5W).
Participation certificates will be available to any participant (member or non-member) who achieves a minimum of 25 QSOs with CWops members, including special club callsigns.
Endorsements will be available for each additional 25 CWops members worked, including special club callsigns.
Send requests for participation certificates and endorsements by 9 February 2020 to AnniversaryCerts@cwops.org.
Look for CWops members and special event stations near 28 kHz up from the bottom of each band. We also suggest using the CW Club RBN Spotter at https://rbn.telegraphy.de/
Special Club Callsigns