In celebration of our tenth anniversary, CWops is holding a special operating event. The event is designed to promote CW activity while encouraging all amateurs to work CWops members.
There will be a rich variety of special calls signs active during the event and commemorative QSLs and certificates will be available to qualifying participants.
The rules for the Celebration, along with information on logging/scoring resources, awards, QSLs / Certificates and special call signs, are provided below.
- All radio amateurs are welcome to participate.
- Timeframe: 0000z, 1 January 2020 to 2359z, 31 January 2020.
- Bands: 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m.
- Exchange: Signal report. Participants are encouraged to send additional information at their discretion such as member number, name, state or province, etc.
- Special Calls: CWops mini-club callsigns as well as a number of unique Special Anniversary Celebratory Calls—e.g. K3CWO, GB10CWO or N5A, will be active during the celebration. All Special Calls are equivalent to CWops members for the purposes of these rules.
- CWops members should send “CALL/CWO” or “CALL CWO”.
- QSOs made as a participant in other events or contests are not valid for the Celebration.
- CWT QSOs are exempt from rules 4, 6 and 7, and are valid for scoring purposes.
- CWops members may work anyone. Non-members may only work CWops members. All QSOs must be via CW.
- Categories include:
- Special Call Operations
- CWops Member High Power (100W +)
- CWops Member Low Power (6 to 100W)
- CWops Member QRP (0 to 5W)
- Non-member High Power (100W+)
- Non-member Low Power (6 to 100W)
- Non-member QRP (0 to 5W)
- Scoring for CWops members consists of 2 elements which are 1) total QSOs and 2) number of CWops members worked per band (no dupes). Scoring for non-members is the number of CWops member worked per band (no dupes).
A separate and unique Cabrillo log should be created for each call used during the event. Only one Cabrillo log should be submitted per callsign. If a call is activated by multiple operators, then the logs from each operator should be combined into a single Cabrillo file. Each record in the Cabrillo log should include one of the categories shown above.
Members that activate a special call may also submit a separate log for QSOs made using their personal call.
Continental Awards – CWops Members
Certificates will be awarded for achieving the top score or highest QSO total per continent in the following categories: Special Call Operations, CWops Member High Power (100W +), CWops Member Low Power (6 to 100W), CWops Member QRP (0 to 5W).
A CWops member can only win one continental certificate. In the event that a CWops member achieves both the highest score and highest total QSOs, then that member would receive the top score certificate and the member next in line would receive the highest total QSOs certificate.
Continental Awards – Non Members
Certificates will be awarded to non-members achieving the top score per continent in each non-member category: Non-member High Power (100W+), Non-member Low Power (6 to 100W), Non-member QRP (0 to 5W).
Commemorative Participation certificates will be available to any participant (member or non-member) who achieves a minimum of 10 QSOs with CWops members, including special club callsigns.
Endorsements will be available for each additional 10 CWops members worked, including special club callsigns.
Application for participation certificates and endorsements should be submitted at https://w0tg.com/cwops-anniversary-certificate/ by 1 March 2020.
QSLs for the special event call signs listed below may be requested at https://w0tg.com/cwops-qsl-request/. A commemorative QSL will be emailed to the email address you provide. Some of the event callsigns may be offering direct QSLs. Please check their respective QRZ pages for more information. All QSOs with special event callsigns will be confirmed by LOTW.
Look for CWops members and special event stations near 28 kHz up from the bottom of each band. We also suggest using the CW Club RBN Spotter.
Special Club Callsigns
Logging and Scoring Resources
The following link contains information on logging and scoring software for the CWops 10th Anniversary Celebration: CWops 10th Anniversary Logging and Scoring
A N1MM Logger+ User Defined Contest module for the CWops 10th Anniversary Celebration is available at: N1MM+ User Defined Contest Module for the CWops 10th Anniversary Celebration. Download all the files and follow the instructions contained in the PDF file entitled “CWops 10th Anniversary UDC Instructions Rev 4.”
K6DGW has developed a utility that will score Cabrillo 3.0 logs per the CWops 10th Anniversary Celebration rules – see K6DGW Scorelog . This utility can also be used to combine multiple Cabrillo 3.0 logs into a single file as required by the rules. Download all the files and follow the instructions contained in the PDF file entitled “Scorelog=1R6_191201.”
The N1MM Logger+ User Defined Contest module can also be used to combine multiple log files into a single file as required by the rules. The process is provided at N1MM Logger+ CWO10 UDC Hacks.
WA7BNM created a text to Cabrillo conversion form for the CWops 10th Anniversary Celebration. See WA7BNM Cabrillo Form for the CWops 10th Anniversary Celebration.
Questions regarding the CWops 10th Anniversary Celebration should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.